Mobile phone web sites are optimized for the lower bandwidth and smaller screen of a mobile phone or smartphone.Creating a web site for a mobile phone is more complicated than most people realise. Effective mobile websites take the small screen, limited bandwidth and range of mobile phone web browsers into consideration.
There are some basic fundamentals which need to be considered when designing of an effective mobile phone web site, they include:
- planning the content of the site, and limiting the text to the most important messages
- developing the structure of the web site so it as simply navigated as possible
- reducing the size and number of images
- avoiding Flash animations and JAVA which don’t work on mobile phones
- listing phone numbers on the site so they can be clicked on by the mobile phone user
- providing clear and simple links to aid navigation through the site.