Studies show that mobile visitors are more likely to revisit mobile-friendly sites
According to the Google Mobility website, global web traffic from mobile devices is increasing, and recent studies show that mobile visitors are more likely to revisit mobile-friendly sites, mobile usability is now relevant for optimal search results. This means that search results for mobile users should lead to content that is usable in the following ways:
- A defined viewing area (or viewport) that adjusts to the device’s screen size.
- Content that flows in the viewport, so that users don’t have to scroll horizontally or pinch the screen in order to see the entire page.
- Fonts that scale for easier reading on small screens.
- Easy-to-touch elements (e.g., buttons) that are well-spaced from other touch elements.
- Visual design and motion driven by mobile-friendly technology.
Mobile phone web sites are optimized for the lower bandwidth and smaller screen of a mobile phone or smartphone.Creating a web site for a mobile phone is more complicated than most people realise. Effective mobile websites take the small screen, limited bandwidth and range of mobile phone web browsers into consideration.
There are some basic fundamentals which need to be considered when designing of an effective mobile phone web site, they include:
- planning the content of the site, and limiting the text to the most important messages
- developing the structure of the web site so it as simply navigated as possible
- reducing the size and number of images
- avoiding Flash animations and JAVA which don’t work on mobile phones
- listing phone numbers on the site so they can be clicked on by the mobile phone user
- providing clear and simple links to aid navigation through the site.
Website conversions start at just $300 + GST
Yearly website hosting is just $350 + GST